The club was kept alive during the war years and when hostilities ended in 1945 the basic organisation was still in place. The members were anxious to organise a race. The Phoenix Park could not be used as a venue because of the turf supplies still kept there and also because the roads through the Park were so potholed that they resembled a battlefield.
After some exploratory work, a Skerries man, Barry Mason, who was a member of the club, proposed that the race be held in Skerries.
The race got tremendous goodwill in Skerries, particularly from the farmers around the course. The entries rolled in and on the first Saturday in July 1946 the first post-war motorcycle race in Europe was run.
The Skerries “100” was born and is now an annual event on the first Saturday in July.