Author – John J. Baker
Lecture – 2006
Published – Time & Tide 6
Balcunnin is in the Barony of Balrothery & the Civil Parish of Lusk. Since 1730 it has been part of the R.C. Parish of Skerries. This paper features its makeup and the history of its owners & occupiers. It’s a comprehensive survey of the geography, archaeology and principally the history of Balcunnin.
The author deals with aspects such as local incidents in the 1641 rebellion and 1798 rebellions, the various landlords, road maintenance, population decline after the famine, horse racing and the growth of nationalism.